Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Caramel Apple Squares


A memory came up this morning that made me think of Fall desserts.


So now I am craving this ooey, gooey, sweet piece of Heaven.  The Gluten Free cookie mix is on my list for my next shopping trip. Or, perhaps I have a box if it in my Jenga-esque pantry : )

This is simple to prepare, delicious and satisfying and can be made with traditional or gluten free cookie mix. 
 
Caramel Apple Squares

1 Hodgson Mills GF cookies mix
1 stick butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 C oats
3 small to medium granny Smith apples
1 jar Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch caramel sauce

Line a 9" baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Grease well.
Mix all ingredients except apples and caramel.
Press half dough into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and chop apples; mix with the caramel sauce.
Spread over partially baked crust.
Put the remaining crust dough on top, breaking into pieces and covering apples well. Bake 30 minutes. Let cool completely on a cooling rack. Cut into squares.


Delicious topped with vanilla or vanilla-cinnamon ice cream, or whipped cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment